The Balanced Runner™ For Life
The Best is Yet to Come
Now that you’ve made a fundamental transformation in your running, are you starting to wonder what comes next?
As you finish up the camp you probably feel really excited about the improvements in your running. But they also may feel so new that you worry just a little bit about how you’re going to keep them.
And even though the new way you’re running feels so much better than before, you may still feel like sometimes it isn’t completely smooth. There are still a few kinks, a tightness that sometimes comes back. Some days running is perfect like a dream, other days it’s not quite 100%.
Most of all, though, you’re discovering you have a new appetite for learning and exploration. You have a hunch there’s still more to learn, more new things to experience… and who knows what might be possible for you if you keep on learning!
All of these feelings are very common for runners coming out of The Balanced Runner System™ Online Camp.
I am finding that my body ‘sense’ is keener…strange to say that at 55, but I am filled with a renewed sense of confidence in myself and how I move. This has translated into my yoga classes and my walking too. I have become someone who uses minimal shoes and I really enjoy that. In terms of my running I am getting faster and more consistent.
Sue B., Wales
Like Sue, many former camp students have continued to get faster afterwards, sometimes making their biggest gains a full year later.
The delicate newness of their running technique has turned into solid mastery, and they’ve added deeper layers of understanding to the basics they first learned.
They’ve set PRs, tackled new challenges, and enjoyed their running like never before.
And best of all they’ve developed a confidence in their bodies, movement, and ability to learn that has permeated not just their running, but their entire lives, helping them become the people they wanted to be, doing the things most important to them.
Just to let you know I finished the Loch Ness marathon in just over 5:40 but without any injuries, pain or real discomfort. Just a bit of all over tiredness and now legs OK 2 days later. I put it all down to the Feldenkrais teaching you do. Who would have thought first marathon at age 65! Thanks very much for all your lessons. My sister and brother-in-law were marshalling at the event and they said my running form looked good relative to lots of the other runners so I’ll get them to do Feldenkrais yet!
Joan A., Scotland
How It All Started
As you know, I’ve been working with runners since 2002. Over all those years I’ve noticed that runners who have 16-20 lessons with me get really good. They change their running technique and get a solid handle on their deepest, most tenacious movement habits. They develop a big range of techniques to help them handle different running situations. And they go through not one, but at least two big jumps in speed and performance.
But most people seem satisfied with just 5-8 lessons, after their basic running technique improves but long before they get these massive benefits. It’s always frustrated me—why do people stop so soon? Don’t they know how good their running really can be? Don’t they know what’s possible?
The answer, of course, is no. Most runners actually don’t guess how good it’s possible for their running to become.
Even the initial transformation of their running technique that they get from their first handful of lessons is so much better than what most runners believe possible that it truly strains credulity that this might be only the beginning.
However I realize as well that most people have a lot of demands on their time and money. Weekly 1:1 lessons or a running camp that never ends might be tough for anyone but a professional runner to make time for. And many runners have stretched their budget to afford their initial work with The Balanced Runner and can’t afford it indefinitely.
So for years I’ve struggled with the question of how to put enough Feldenkrais within reach so the runners who come to me can go all the way.
One of my efforts to do this was making sure that by the end of an online camp or 1:1 lessons my students had accumulated a small library of audio lessons covering work we’d done that they could return to when they needed a boost. It definitely helped people maintain what they’d learned and restore themselves to balance when circumstances threw them off, but it didn’t help them keep growing. And in many cases people felt at sea about when to do which recordings and thus ended up not doing any at all.
And then, after one of my online camps, the participants told me they wished it didn’t have to end. Suddenly the solution dawned on me.
And so The Balanced Runner™ For Life program was born.
When I had completed my running camp I was surprised at how aware I now was of what my body was doing while I was running. Now with the For Life program I have made significant advances… [including] newfound speed for the same effort just by following one simple instruction. The ongoing lessons have allowed me to continue to refine and improve my form and the regularity of the classes enables me to explore more of my capability and acts as a constant reminder to maintain my focus on good form.”
John B., England
Introducing The Balanced Runner™ For Life
The Balanced Runner™ For Life is a program of resources and support built around one brand-new lesson each month. Each month’s lesson helps you review camp material in a systematic and yet ever fresh way, continue getting faster and feeling better, and continue exploring, experimenting, and making new discoveries.
(You may have heard me or someone else mention The Balanced Runner™ Master Class. That’s the previous name of The Balanced Runner™ For Life.)
- You get a new lesson once a month, on a regular schedule that’s easy to fit into your life. The class meets on the 2nd or 3rd Saturday of each month at 8 am Pacific time, and the recordings are released afterwards.
- You’ll get tools to quickly and easily review the lesson and deepen your learning. With each new lesson you also get one or two refreshers and a special ultra-short 3 1/2 minute version of the lesson called the Creedon Process. This allows you to review the lesson, expand your learning with new variations in a time-efficient format, and make headway on your deepest and most tenacious movement habits.
- You’ll get a clear explanation of how the lesson relates to your running. Along with the class recordings you’ll find A Few Thoughts, where I’ve written about some of the changes you might have experienced in your running after the lesson, the relationship between the lesson movements and running, and anything else I feel would be helpful for your learning process.
- You’ll get guidance on revisiting and learning more from the online camp lessons. At the end of each month’s class page you’ll find links to roughly five other lessons—lessons from the camp, past For Life lessons, and lessons from other sources—that relate to the class and help clarify it. This helps you review lessons you’ve done before and learn new things from them.
It’s more than just a class; it’s a practice focused on your continuing growth as a runner and a person. It turns your running into a wellspring that improves your entire life.
And enrollment is open right now.
When you join The Balanced Runner™ For Life program, you have a choice of two different levels:
Bronze gives you access to the Basic Resources:
- audio and video recordings of each month’s full-length lesson, plus the audio refreshers, Creedon process, A Few Thoughts, and list of related lessons, posted 2 weeks after the live class date
- archive of all 60 past classes (and growing!)
- an alphabetical directory of lessons with descriptions so you can find the best lessons for you
This is the Live Class and Community level, where you get all of the Basic Resources plus my real-time teaching, feedback, support, and guidance. It includes:
- everything in the Bronze Level
- the ability to participate in the live class so I can see you and respond to you within the lesson
- immediate access to the month’s recordings as they’re released
- the community forum, where you can ask me questions, discuss the lessons, and connect with your fellow students
- the opportunity to ask me questions and talk with me on special For Life monthly Q&A calls
- your Essential Tools, including the entire Mind Your Running Challenge, the Midrun Mirror Trick, Eyes While Running, The Balanced Runner Scan, my warmup and stretch videos, and more
- Lesson Sequences for Common Running Injuries so you can nip problems in the bud and quickly return your running to balance
Regardless of which level you choose, your membership also includes 20% off all The Balanced Runner’s offerings, including online video analysis, private coaching (online and in person), online courses, workshops, and retreats.
The Balanced Runner™ For Life, together with Jae’s encouragements to “read and do a lot of Feldenkrais” helped me to get going with the Feldenkrais Method, which proved to be very helpful for my whole life.
Olaf B., Germany
“But I Don’t Feel Ready!”
I realize the camp covered a ton of material. If you’re only now coming to the end you might have some misgivings about joining The Balanced Runner™ For Life right away.
You might feel:
- you want a break to digest what you’ve just learned
- you haven’t finished the camp yet and want more time to do so before joining an advanced class
- you want to go through the camp material again before moving on to new material
All of these feelings are perfectly reasonable.
That’s why I’m offering you two free months of the For Life program when you join in the next two weeks.
You can do the first two classes if you want, but if you don’t feel ready yet you can comfortably skip them since they haven’t cost you anything. And if you paid for the camp via a payment plan, this also means you will finish up those payments before being charged for the For Life program.
By the time the third month comes around it will really be time—trust me on this—for you to have a new Feldenkrais lesson. And For Life will be all set up and waiting for you.
Keeping a steady but relaxed pace of learning and connecting what you’ve done before with further growth and discovery is what The Balanced Runner™ For Life is all about.
Special Bonus Gift
When you sign up for The Balanced Runner™ For Life in the next two weeks, not only will you get your first two months free…
You’ll get a special bonus gift: a Creedon Process recording for each of the online camp lessons.
That means you’ll have a super-focused 3 1/2-minute review for each lesson—something that will definitely fit in every day, no matter how busy.
Though short, the Creedon Process (developed by my mentor, Kevin Creedon) is an extremely effective way to make progress in changing your deepest and most troublesome habits.
My running felt much easier after the camp and I found I was thinking about, and noticing, how my body was moving in ways that I had not before. After the camp I felt like I had been exposed to a whole area I did not previously know existed and it was clear that there must be plenty more. It certainly had me interested in finding out new ways I could improve my running as well as appreciate it, in a mindful kind of way. Since joining the For Life program, I’ve had a new eagerness to run… I eventually embarked on a marathon training regime during which my running transformed quite a bit as I experimented more. I frequently did past camp lessons as well as the For Life lessons/ refreshers. I ended up running 18 minutes faster than my previous best marathon time (just over 3 hours) in non-ideal hot conditions. I know I would not have achieved that without the things I have learnt from Jae.
Rowe P., Australia
Join us and experience what the members of The Balanced Runner™ For Life have all discovered:
There is no limit to your ability to grow as a runner.
$3000 (three-month program)
Book a free Discovery Call to explore this option.
Gold Level | The Balanced Runner™ For Life
Take classes live, ask Jae questions and get her help, access Your Essential Tools and Lesson Sequences for Common Running Injuries, and enjoy community support, plus everything in Bronze.
Bronze Level | The Balanced Runner™ For Life
Access 60+ lessons to help you keep growing as a runner.
The Balanced Runner™ For Life is a monthly membership program, so should your needs change you can cancel at any time.